February 28, 2007
February 27, 2007
February 25, 2007
There was a going-away party for some guy named Tyler (who was apparently a regular there a while ago, before I started showing up) since he's moving to Cincinnati. He was drunk off his ass. So were the other dozen or so people in his entourage.
February 18, 2007
February 14, 2007
February 11, 2007
February 9, 2007
February 6, 2007
I do have some aspects of the environment worked out (I know some things about the main character, and generally what the environment is, and some of the early setting-establishment things which will happen to the main character) but I'm trying my hardest to not come up with anything else. And of course, the whole need to discover everything as I go along is the design of the comic.
Hopefully this one will last a while.
February 1, 2007
- Going price for Treo 650 on eBay: $200ish after shipping.
- Size comparison between Sidekick 3, iPhone, Treo 650, and K510i: I'm surprised at how small the Treo and iPhone both are. The K510i is a really tiny phone. The Treo's about twice as heavy though (but then I could finally ditch my Zodiac and have decent web browsing again).
- A nice Treo 650 hard shell: lets you protect the screen without obscuring it, and without adding a lot of weight or size to the phone. Plus, you could probably paint the inside to customize the color. Prevents cracked screens (which are the most common problem with Treos in a pocket, and which is why I never really considered getting one until now when I'm finally fed up with too many devices to sync and dismiss alarms on)
- Unbranding an unlocked Treo 650: Useful, since most of the Treos on eBay are Cingular-branded.
- Google Maps Mobile: has a native PalmOS version, which would almost certainly be better than the MIDP version on the K510i. (Especially on the 320x320 touch screen vs. 128x160 with gimpy joystick.)
- USB charge+sync cable: it's funny how most phones are USB-syncable but not USB-chargeable. This cable fixes that for the Treo 650. (Though most likely I'd charge at home and sync via BlueTooth, and use the OEM cable at work.)
- Palm-compatible Bluetooth GPS: Would be pretty cool for driving directions etc.
- Interesting article about changing attitudes towards transgender health care in Seattle (has nothing to do with the above, but I figured I was linkdumping already anyway)