This is what I made for my Thanksgiving entrée this year, what with having Thanksgiving all on my own. It turned out pretty good.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbps of minced sage
- 1 tsp each of minced thyme and rosemary
- ½ cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1-2 cups kale leaves, finely minced
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the turkey, shallot, egg, sage, thyme, rosemary, bread crumbs, and kale, thoroughly mixing with your fingers if possible. If no prosciutto is being used, also add some salt. And, of course, add pepper to your preference (and maybe some garlic).
Form the turkey mixture into a loaf, and wrap it in the prosciutto (if desired).
Bake until the internal temperature reads at least 155°F, approximately 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
Slice and serve.