It’s been a few days:
- Hurt: 5; he doesn’t seem to be in pain, but his belly’s gotten extremely distended making it hard for him to find a comfortable position, and his breathing’s a bit shallow
- Hunger: 8; still a hungry little man, still excited to steal my food in particular
- Hydration: 6; he doesn’t seem to be drinking as much now, and his eyes are constantly watery
- Hygiene: 3; his poop has turned reddish/coppery and smells awful, he doesn’t bother to clean himself and doesn’t let Fiona clean him either
- Happiness: 2; he’s still interested in food, he still purrs when petted, but he’s basically checked out
- Mobility: 3; stumbling, he’s still peeing in the box but just poops wherever
- More good days than bad: 3; he tires out quickly and just falls over where he stands, and he’s had a couple of minor seizures
- Total: 30; according to this, it’s time.
I’m not ready to let him go.
And more importantly, I don’t want to drive him to the vet. I don’t want to put him through that.
He still is passionate about eating and he seems to get a lot of pleasure from it. Is that worth keeping him around for though?
I’m hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep. I hope he isn’t in pain. I hope it comes quickly for him.
The in-home euthanasia services cost $400. Maybe it’s worth it.