- See also:
- Comic (974)
- Inktober (31)
- Tonight Shoe (2005-01-24)
- Fox Girl (2006-09-07)
- Jen and Cherry (2006-09-11)
- μ cow and a fluffy (2006-09-13)
- Butterfly demon girl (2006-09-27)
- Spud, Maddog, Random (2006-09-29)
- Random Creatures (2006-10-01)
- Ze Show with The Frank (2006-10-03)
- Weight-watching (2006-10-05)
- Abstraction (2006-10-07)
- Bedtime story (2006-10-09)
- Dancer (2006-10-13)
- Wild fluffies of the serengeti (2006-10-15)
- Emu (2006-10-17)
- Cowasite (2006-10-19)
- Kilroy parasite (2006-10-21)
- Friendly parasites (2006-10-23)
- I will see you at the end of the world (2006-10-25)
- Three random things (2006-10-27)
- The giant mutant star-goat (2006-10-29)
- Self-Portraits From An Alternate Reality (2006-10-31)
- Scissor-Beaked Heron (2006-11-02)
- Convalescence (2007-01-23)
- Over a box (2007-01-25)
- A portrait of John K (2007-01-27)
- My Two Selves (2007-01-29)
- Meditations In Plaid (2007-01-31)
- Mammal (2007-02-02)
- Winter coat (2007-02-04)
- Floatyspace (2007-02-06)
- Dappled Penguin (2007-02-08)
- fluffy: model sheet (2007-02-10)
- Juni Melrose (2007-03-03)
- Kreely (2007-04-07)
- Chimeric (2007-06-16)
- Sketchfu (2007-06-18)
- The main cast of Unity (2007-09-22)
- Tamu Haring, early sketch work (2007-09-29)
- Roughly to scale (2008-02-03)
- Alternatives (2008-03-29)
- 13 going on 30 (2008-05-05)
- Dream: Captured (2008-06-21)
- Cobra (2008-10-18)
- Captain Ed Lombard (2009-01-07)
- Essential Expressions: Juni (2009-02-07)
- Agent Tanya Harris (2009-03-21)
- rawr (2009-07-23)
- Juni rotoscoped (2009-08-04)
- fluffy rotoscoped (2009-08-05)
- fluffy rotoscoped again (2009-08-06)
- fluffy gets horny (2009-09-13)
- Stripey, rawr (2010-07-25)
- Azure (2010-07-30)
- Frustrations (2010-08-28)
- Cappie (2010-09-12)
- Average Planetfall (2010-10-23)
- fluffychu (2010-11-09)
- Morose (2010-12-04)
- Over-Under-Through (2010-12-30)
- Chameleon (2010-12-31)
- Stripey (back) (2011-02-06)
- Fezzes Are Cool (2011-07-06)
- Katamari Damasteve (2013-01-19)
- Some sketches (2013-03-16)
- Brushpen practice (2013-03-24)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2014-12-07)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2014-12-14)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2014-12-21)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2014-12-28)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2015-01-04)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2015-01-11)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2015-01-18)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2015-01-25)
- Sketchbook Sunday (Lewi design edition) (2015-02-01)
- Sketchbook Sunday (more Lewi designs) (2015-02-08)
- Sketchbook Sunday (Za'qir Temple edition) (2015-02-15)
- Sketchbook Sunday: Miscellani (2015-03-15)
- Sketchbook Sunday: More miscellani (2015-03-22)
- I am the Slime (2015-04-16)
- Sketchbook Sunday: Where I've Been (2015-09-27)
- Lewi and Alphys (2015-10-03)
- Lewi meets Za'qir (2015-11-11)
- Sketchbook Sunday (2016-03-06)
2017/03/22: Switching to Disqus
A helpful reader emailed me to point out that the comment system was subtly broken, and rather than try to fix a miasma of duct tape and paperclips once again I decided to switch to Disqus.
Currently the legacy comment system isn't visible but don't worry, the comments still exist! I'm working on writing an importer to get the old comments over to the new system. The comments have all been imported. It isn't great but they're there.
Meanwhile, Disqus gives a few advantages. It has pretty decent spam filtering, anyone can upvote/downvote comments, and you can
stalk follow fellow commenters on other Disqus-enabled sites! (If you do not want to be followed in this way it is easy enough to disable your public profile on your Disqus settings.) There's also some nice comment reply notification stuff that lets you know about goings-on across whatever sites you use that also use Disqus.
Anyway, the other option was to remove comments entirely and I figure that's a last-resort measure.
2017/03/18: So, a funny thing happened on the way to the comic
First I had surgery in late January.
Then that got infected.
Then the antibiotics for the infection knocked out my intestinal flora.
Then the recovery from that left my immune system vulnerable and I got a cold that lasted about a month (although to be fair apparently everyone on the entire left coast has been laid waste by this).
Then the latest Zelda game came out.
So really, it's amazing I've gotten any comics done at all.
2017/02/12: I repeat myself
This comic probably looks a bit familiar — it's what I posted here, 10 years ago to the day. Why not read it from the start?
Or, better yet, buy it in paperback or PDF. Don't worry, I have many many copies left...
Anyway, book 1 was the first time I'd managed to make an entire comic series from beginning to end without losing interest or giving up. I learned a lot about my creative process from it, and got a lot better at managing my attention and plotting. Book 1 was incredibly rough in places and there were a lot of dangling plot hooks that never went anywhere or got resolved in a weird way, but that was part of my ongoing learning experience with not simply making everything up as I went along. Most of my comics since then have been at least somewhat plotted out in advance (but not so closely as to make it impossible to improvise as I go).
I also learned a lot about myself along the way and of course used this as a framework for exploring aspects of my identity. My own gender stuff is always at least in the background (and sometimes the foreground) of these comics, and later on (especially in book 2) I started to explore the dichotomy between my scientific rationality with my latent spirituality. (This is, of course, a much more prominent theme in Lewi, but I digress.) And now in the year 2017 I can say that I'm... still transgender (and my genitals are finally configured correctly, although still a bit sore), and I'm also finally working towards embracing at least the ethnic side of my heritage.
Who knows, maybe in another 10 years I'll have finally started drawing book 3!
(Any day, now...)
- 954 total comics published (including 83 sketchbook pages, not counting 20 guest arts)