Likes and replies in the IndieWeb
Out of curiosity, have you put any thought into adding TicketAuth/bearer token support so that folks can get private subscription content as well? There’s a bunch of security aspects to consider with that but it’s a thing I’d love to see come into a reader.
There’s also a few UX things implied by microsub which I’m not a fan of, personally, and when I get around to finally building Subl (which I’ve only been talking about for as long as I’ve been talking about Publ) I was planning on building it as a standalone thing which could maybe optionally support microsub readers later, but the UX I want to build isn’t cleanly supported by the data model implied by microsub.
(Basically I want to build Feed on Feeds except in Python and with TicketAuth support.)
Too early in the morning for me, I’m afraid.
It’s been a few days:
- Hurt: 5; he doesn’t seem to be in pain, but his belly’s gotten extremely distended making it hard for him to find a comfortable position, and his breathing’s a bit shallow
- Hunger: 8; still a hungry little man, still excited to steal my food in particular
- Hydration: 6; he doesn’t seem to be drinking as much now, and his eyes are constantly watery
- Hygiene: 3; his poop has turned reddish/coppery and smells awful, he doesn’t bother to clean himself and doesn’t let Fiona clean him either
- Happiness: 2; he’s still interested in food, he still purrs when petted, but he’s basically checked out
- Mobility: 3; stumbling, he’s still peeing in the box but just poops wherever
- More good days than bad: 3; he tires out quickly and just falls over where he stands, and he’s had a couple of minor seizures
- Total: 30; according to this, it’s time.
I’m not ready to let him go.
And more importantly, I don’t want to drive him to the vet. I don’t want to put him through that.
He still is passionate about eating and he seems to get a lot of pleasure from it. Is that worth keeping him around for though?
I’m hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep. I hope he isn’t in pain. I hope it comes quickly for him.
The in-home euthanasia services cost $400. Maybe it’s worth it.
It’s that time again:
- Hurt: 4; when he’s lying down his breathing is pretty shallow. He still isn’t expressing pain but he’s definitely disliking being picked up anymore. I’ve been managing his pain with CBD oil.
- Hunger: 6; he’s not quite so voracious right now. But that could also be because of how warm it is. Also the CBD oil.
- Hydration: 8; he’s still an incredibly thirsty boy.
- Hygiene: 7; he’s actuall pooping? in the box?? on his own???
- Happiness: 3; he seems pretty down in the dumps most of the time.
- Mobility: 3; still stumbling and seems off-balance. But he’s still able to jump up on the couch or bed when he wants skritches.
- More good days than bad: 6; he’s still trucking along.
- Total: 37; this is, um. Really close to the rubric’s cutoff.
Again with the PetMD quality of life scale:
- Hurt: 4; breathing is still a bit shallow, and he’s getting pretty uncomfortable with just lying down on things without propping his front half up.
- Hunger: 10; holy heck this dude is a hungry little dude.
- Hydration: 7; still drinking plenty of water, but feeling a bit dehydrated.
- Hygiene: 5; he’s randomized where he decides to dump his load, but otherwise unchanged.
- Happiness: 3; he seems pretty checked-out lately, but he still wants to spend time with me and purrs when being petted.
- Mobility: 3; he’s slowed down further and stumbles a lot more. I think he’s mostly really off-balance because of his swollen liver.
- More good days than bad: 7; he still seems to be doing okay overall.
- Total: 39
Guess I should start making preparations.
As usual, rated on the PetMD quality of life scale:
- Hurt: 5; he seems to be breathing somewhat shallowly, and he seems to have trouble finding a comfortable position to lie in, probably due to enlarged liver.
- Hunger: 9; He’s still eating a lot and happy to enjoy food.
- Hydration: 8; Still drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Hygiene: 5; still peeing in the box, still pooping on the floor (now in my bedroom).
- Happiness: 4; loves to spend time with me, enjoys being pet, but has no interest in toys or catnip.
- Mobility: 4; he’s moving slowly, and stumbles while doing it. But he has no trouble getting on or off the couch or bed. And as stated, he’s still able to get into the litter box just fine.
- More good days than bad: 7; he’s been pretty affectionate for the last few days.
- Total: 42