Thank you for coming to my site! I want to welcome you here. I also want to welcome everyone else here. In order to make this environment as welcoming as possible for everyone, I ask that everyone follow this comment policy.
Don’t bully, harass, or flame. Respect peoples' stated identities, names, and pronouns.
Do not disparage people based on their race, religion, country of origin, gender identity (or lack thereof), sexual orientation (or lack thereof), autistic/allistic/neurodivergent status, artistic/musical/creative ability, or disabilities (physical, cognitive, or otherwise).
Don’t go digging for information on people. Do not use peoples' “dead names” or search for private/deprecated information that they themselves have not intended for people to know at present. “Doxing” is absolutely not tolerated.
This applies to people who aren’t here, either. Treat every person as if they might be posting a comment. Even if they’re someone you hate or are globally reviled. It’s possible to criticize without being nasty.
This isn’t to say you can’t criticize others! Just be sure to criticize based on what they do or what they say, not based on what they are.
Please keep your comments on-topic for the subject at hand. Don’t post the same thing repeatedly. Don’t use every page as a springboard for advertising your own goods or services. (Posting about things you’ve personally done or made is okay, as long as it’s on-topic. But this isn’t your advertising opportunity.)
Don’t post offensive/obscene/pornographic images in comments. Links to such material (if on-topic and not spam) should be clearly marked as such.
Absolutely do not post links to content likely to cause emotional or neurological triggers (including PTSD or epilepsy) without a clear content warning.
Unless they are germane to the discussion, please avoid these topics:
- Current US politics
- Comparative superiority/inferiority of established technology choices (operating systems, phones, cars, programming languages, etc.)
- Note that positive recommendations about a thing are fine! But it’s possible to recommend something without disparaging another thing.
- Whether dogs are better than cats (they aren’t)
- “Concern trolling” about other peoples' decisions, especially regarding identity- or gender-affirming things (they have certainly heard it already, and are not going to reconsider
$foo, yes you think you’re so clever in comparing genital surgery with someone cutting off their arms or whatever but we’ve heard it before and it’s just tiresome)
- Bananas. They smell nasty, are loaded with sugar, and there are way better sources of potassium.
These are guidelines, not laws.
This is a personal website, not a public platform. “Free speech” does not apply here.
If fluffy asks you to stop something, stop doing it.