A tasty vegan dish I’ve been making a lot lately. Works both as an entree and a side.
- 4 Brussels sprouts, halved
- Some cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp fresh oregano or other herbs, chopped
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: hazelnuts or other nuts (raw is better, toasted is fine), chopped
- Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Put Brussels sprouts and cauliflower in an appropriately-sized roasting pan
- Drizzle in olive oil and stir to coat.
- Add everything else and stir. Ideally orient the veggies so their cut sides are facing up.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until veggies are lightly charred.
Instead of oregano, consider thyme, or cumin and turmeric. And instead of hazelnuts, cashews or almonds would probably be pretty good.
This would also work well in a non-vegan form using bacon fat and chopped bacon or whatever.