Things I accomplished today
Oops I haven’t been posting to my blog as much lately. I’ve been kinda busy I guess?
So let’s see:
- Had a technical interview with Mozilla which went pretty well. I remember more about the fiddly low-level bits of C++ than I thought, even after not really doing anything in C++ for a few years (and purposefully avoiding the minefield-type stuff I was asked about)
- Received a bunch of custom enamel pins that I’ll be selling at GeekGirlCon and turned out fantastic (more on this closer to the show!)
- Also received my vendor packet omg this is really happening isn’t it
- Put down a deposit on a new kitchen (not that I’m that eager to go through a remodel process again but my kitchen has been literally falling apart due to the cheap stuff the previous owners put in, and this time around I’m just getting everything gutted and replaced which is turning out to be… easier?)
- Finally got my gabapentin dose up to the target of 3x a day, which had me pretty hecked up this evening and I left drawing group earlier than usual but folks were understanding at least, and also this is probably still placebo but I kinda feel like I’m in less pain finally?
- Hugged so many cats (well, okay, mostly just one cat, but I hugged her a lot of times)
- did a bloggy thing
Oh also happy 9/19/19, which is apparently the last palindrome date (for a particularly reductive definition of “date”) we’re gonna have for a long time.
Unless you count 2/22/22 which is technically a palindrome and actually will work the same way in most truncated date formats (including 22/22/2 and 22/2/22).
Things I need to accomplish at some point in the near future:
- Pushl has gotten overcomplicated and also isn’t actually working quite right anymore and I need to open an issue to track how I think I’m going to fix one of the breakages
- Make prints for GeekGirlCon
- Get rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and other trash-like substance
- order new refrigerator, settle on final appliances and sink fixtures, do some short-term plumbing to make a transitional bit of that a bit easier
- learn rust
- fix the o key on my MP1 model01
- maybe set up a new VPN now that I don’t have access to the university one anymore? for now I’m just using hide.me’s free tier