December 19, 2017
July 1, 2016
A summary for people who don't follow me on Twitter or Tumblr and have missed out on all of my GLORIOUS TALKING ABOUT MY LIFE:
- Got rid of the Beetle, bought a new(!) Mazda3. It's a lot of fun.
- Am getting better about driving on freeways again (it helps that the Mazda3 is so much fun to drive and has a bunch of safety features that make me feel way more comfortable with driving on the freeway)
- Work is going great, except my wrists suck pretty bad and I haven't been able to draw or work on music very much
- But work is trying to help me out and I'm taking two weeks off soon and if that's not enough I'll look into medical leave
- For the first of those weeks I'll be in NYC for Song Fight Live, come see me at the Sidewalk Cafe NY on Sunday July 17! (probably, there's a small chance I might end up at the other show on the 16th instead but that seems unlikely, but the lineup as shown on the Sidewalk site is complete fiction right now)
- Oh and accompanying me will be Spud (on bass) and Paul (on drums), and Paul is probably my oldest friend at this point (we go back to when we were like 12!) and we haven't performed together since a single what-were-we-thinking show back in (I want to say) 200...2? so that's pretty cool
- One of my cats keeps on shitting on the carpet and I'm pretty sure it's Werner
- Oh uh I finally came out to friends and family and coworkers and transitioned legally and changed my name and gender markers, I guess that's kind of big news?
May 6, 2016
In college I drove my family's old 1985 VW Jetta, which was a lot of fun. It didn't have power steering, the air conditioner only had two settings ("warm" and "off"), and it would vibrate alarmingly when approaching New Mexico's freeway speed limit (which it took quite some time to get to), but I had many, many fond memories of that car nonetheless.
Last August I had a reason to have a car again, and I'd always been fond of the classic Beetle, so I figured I'd buy myself a New Beetle. I'd heard good things about them, and they definitely had a lot of devoted fans. The newest model seemed kind of fugly to me and I wasn't about to spend $24K for a car, though, so I decided to buy used. I looked around and found a used 2009 at a small dealership with all the options I wanted, and the Carfax checked out, so I took it for a test drive and fell in love, and bought it then and there.
That was my first mistake.
February 21, 2016
November 26, 2015
What's happened since June?
- Album came out, sales were better than any other Sockpuppet album so far but still kind of disappointing
- Started working with a couple of music placement agencies, but nothing's come of it yet (and I'm pretty sure the first one just took the money and ran, ugh)
- The thing I'd been working on for a year finally shipped, and I changed teams to a more graphics-oriented R&D position
- Gave up on trying to get my vinyl pressed via FeedBands, so I signed up for Qrates, where it's been one of their featured projects for quite some time (and I even got a nice note from them) but still isn't getting enough preorders to get made :(
- My wrists still suck, and I haven't been working on comics. Except I have but it's been going very slowly.
- I've been completely infatuated with Undertale since the day it came out
- Still doing most of my blogging over on Tumblr.
June 11, 2015
- I'm doing most of my blogging hither and yon
- I have a new album coming out in a few days (which is also my 37th birthday)
- You can preorder it from my new music site
- the old domain still works too, but I got a new SEO-friendlier domain name for it on the suggestion of my agent
- oh yeah I have an agent, what the fuck
- and a lot of other people interested in my music for song placements and stuff and uh
- oh yeah also vote to get my music released on vinyl plsthx
- things are going pretty good I guess?