Box o' meat status
A coworker asked how far along I am in my big box of meat, and so now my brain is distracted with taking an inventory.
- 1 pound ground turkey (used in the meatloaf)
- 2x lemon-pesto salmon fillets (prepared as provided)
- Wild boar hot dogs (2 of 7 consumed)
- Five-pepper sausage (1 of 4 consumed)
- Dill smoked salmon (halfway consumed)
- Tenderloin tips and tails (thawing to make mushroom beef stew)
Not yet started:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Chili relleno pork sausge
- Venison hot dogs
- 1.25 pounds of flank steak
Reviews so far:
- The ground turkey is the best I’ve ever had. Good and moist with a decent flavor and texture, much better than any of the stuff I’ve ever gotten from the grocery store.
- The lemon-pesto salmon fillets were good but I wouldn’t get them in a future box since they’re the exact same “My Fish Dish” product that’s sold at the grocery store for the same price (and is often on sale for a lot less).
- The wild boar hot dogs are good. Smoky and peppery. The texture is a bit beef jerky-esque which some might find offputting. The flavor is sort of like a milder version of a Slim Jim? But in the best way possible.
- The five-pepper sausage is really spicy. Fortunately I am really into spicy. It also has a good flavor underneath the spice.
- The smoked salmon is pretty good. But I’ve had better stuff from the local farmer’s market, so again, probably not something I’ll repeat from any future box (if I do this ridiculous thing again).
Before commenting, please read the comment policy.
Avatars provided via Libravatar